Here's a Present

registered
2010 08 07
334 posts

Hey guys i know long time no see but the sites has seemed to be quite as of the past recent years.... As for me i've been working harder than ever. to proov it, this is a heres a cover we've been workin on. mixed by yours truely. I'm still new to mixing but i think this is a good mix coming from me. There is a story behind the cover being done but thats for another time. hope you guys enjoy it. this is The Kids Arent Alright originally by the rock band The Offspring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG3OljCNwUo

registered
2012 03 03
177 posts

Nice job, Bray!  I'll admit that I listened to another version, so I could make an educated comparison, as I wasn't familiar with that piece, but I think you nailed it!

Yes, the site is quiet without the chatroom, but I'm glad you're still working at your music and have obviously made impressive progress!  Hope you're well.

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

Good one Bray and it's good hearing from you again and like CCG mentioned, glad yer staying with your music.

Cheers,

GuitarZen

...'you bought a guitar to punish your ma'...

registered
2010 08 07
334 posts

Glad you both liked it. there are still edits being bout plus the last version i will upload will have  vocals to it. The 2nd verse is a custom verse i've come up with which goes back to the story for another time... now i think is a good time to share.....
This coming June, i am moving out of my area and into a new area on my state. The 2nd verse of the both the original and cover has names. the difference i set up the 2nd verse with people i'm close to in my current area.

(Original)
Jamie had a chance well she really did
instead she dropped out had a couple of kids
Mark still lives at home cause he has no job
he plays guitar and smokes alot of pot
Jay commited suicide
Brandon ODed and died

(My verse)
William had a chance well he really did
instead he dropped out had a couple of kids
John still lives at home cause he has no job
he plays guitar and smokes alot of pot
Trace commited suicide
Trevor ODed and died

It's sorta a tribute to the ones im leaving behind

registered
2012 03 03
177 posts

What a sad song!  How tragic when people with potential and their lives ahead of them cave in to substance abuse and the despondency that often accompanies it.  It sounds like "Jamie" and "William" made the smart decisions by "dropping out" and having families. 

I wish you much success as you continue your music and develop skill at the recording equipment.  There must be  demand for people with knowledge of music tracking, mixing and the like.  Good luck with your relocation and hope you enjoy your new area!

registered
2010 08 07
334 posts

[quote=City20Cowgirl]I wish you much success as you continue your music and develop skill at the recording equipment.  There must be  demand for people with knowledge of music tracking, mixing and the like.  Good luck with your relocation and hope you enjoy your new area![/quote]

Thanks CCG. I plan to go back to school for video game programming so i can earn more money to get better equipment. Question are probably popping up now like "Am i giving up on my band?" and the answer to that question is no. We are just on hiatus and it's gonna be worth the wait. There is a possibility that i wont be the only band member moving. My front-man has a child on the way and after they found out they were expecting,  she ended up moving ironically in the same area i will be. I'm trying to set up something where my family will help him.

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

Hey Bray, for what it's worth, i'm glad to hear yer going back to school. I fought that for a while even though 2 yr. college was free then. I didn't think i would like it and admittedly some of the required courses for the two year ticket din't seem useful, but i began enjoying school so miuch i hung in. Anyway, good job going back, it sure can't hurt.

Cheers,

GuitarZen

...'you bought a guitar to punish your ma'...

registered
2010 08 07
334 posts

[quote=GuitarZen]Hey Bray, for what it's worth, i'm glad to hear yer going back to school. I fought that for a while even though 2 yr. college was free then. I didn't think i would like it and admittedly some of the required courses for the two year ticket din't seem useful, but i began enjoying school so miuch i hung in. Anyway, good job going back, it sure can't hurt.

Cheers,

GuitarZen[/quote]

thats the plan Z

• X
  • Master Volume

• Select Your Guitar

• Right or Left Handed

•  
  • Chord Strum Speed

• Chord Pick Speed

•  
  • Scale Speed