Video Question

registered
2012 03 03
177 posts

I don't quite understand something about the Video section of the Forum.  Are we supposed to be able to upload a video directly to Chordbook, or is this merely the "page" where a link to a video can be posted?  I finally have a couple of short videos of my trio, but wonder whether I have to upload it to YouTube and then link it here or what. Thanks!

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

'Fraid not City Cowgirl...many use youtube, but if you sort through videos here in ChordBook, you'll see other sites to post links to that others here use. Youtube seems to be the most popular though. Could google 'music upload sites' and take your pick because we really want to see your trio's vids. Good hearing from you CCG !

Cheers,

GuitarZen

...'you bought a guitar to punish your ma'...

registered
2012 03 03
177 posts

Here are a few videos of our group's recent performance for a retirement community.  I'll list the pieces in 3 separate posts, because I am unable to get all 3 links to post on this one message. The music is Celtic.  One is a Scottish dance piece called The Dashing White Sergeant at https://youtu.be/GJR6DIKeQT4

registered
2012 03 03
177 posts

Here's the next link to a Robert Burns piece called "A Red Red Rose." https://youtu.be/czzBOl05pV8

registered
2012 03 03
177 posts

Here's the third link to a piece called "Er Ean Bashtey" ("John the Baptist").https://youtu.be/1Po_paJZ6bY

registered
2012 03 03
177 posts

GZ, thanks for your kind words!  I reposted with all 3 links, but just one was listed 3 times again.  Maybe you can figure it out! :-)

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

[quote=City20Cowgirl]GZ, thanks for your kind words!  I reposted with all 3 links, but just one was listed 3 times again.  Maybe you can figure it out! :-)[/quote]

I tried a bunch of things but couldn't make it work with three or even two in one post CCG...
i looked at the program and noticed a spam blocker so i'm pretty sure that has something to do with  it.
you can edit your posts to add descriptions.

Cheers,

GuitarZen

registered
2012 03 03
177 posts

Thanks, GZ.  I edited the posts to include the song titles.

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

[quote=City20Cowgirl]Thanks, GZ.  I edited the posts to include the song titles.[/quote]

Finally huh...long way around but hopefully others that have been having trouble  loading vids will try again. thanks for hangin' in CCG !

Cheers,

GuitarZen

registered
2012 03 03
177 posts

Hey, thanks to you too, GZ!  By the way - one more thing (gee, I sound like "Columbo!")  I checked the "subscribe to this topic" box, but haven't received any notifications when you replied.  I just checked the site myself to see if there were any comments.  Am I missing something?

• X
  • Master Volume

• Select Your Guitar

• Right or Left Handed

•  
  • Chord Strum Speed

• Chord Pick Speed

•  
  • Scale Speed

•  
  • Tuner Repeat Rate