Chat

registered
2009 06 16
366 posts

I have noticed that there is no longer a message on the LH side of the screen that says the chat will be up and running soon.  That note had been there since the site came back from renovation; almost a year.  Is it a reasonable assumption that we will no longer be getting a "chat" option on this site?  If so, to bad.  I enjoyed chatting with the great people on this site and will greatly miss it.  I learned soooooo much from past interaction with these "friends".

KEEPING IT FUN, Dean

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

I miss the chat too Dean, so i'm wondering if 'chatting' in the forums would be just about as good if we checked in more often...what you say?

Cheers,

GuitarZen

...'you bought a guitar to punish your ma'...

registered
2009 06 16
366 posts

That may be our best solution, GZ.  I usually check in a few times a day.  I wonder if we could just start a "chat" topic in the forum and just keep that going as a "quasi-chat"?  When you check in to the forum, the latest post would be displayed.

KEEPING IT FUN, Dean

registered
2009 06 16
366 posts

I found a web site that has a tutorial on transition licks between G-C-D chords.  It uses a few HO's and PO's.  They sound pretty good.  I've started to try them, but I think they are pretty specific to a certain song.  He doesn't give any "theory" or rationale for them, though.  Got any ideas on where to get some info on how to determine what to use between chords to crate a lick?  Or is it just trial and error to see what sounds good.

KEEPING IT FUN, Dean

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

[quote=Northern20Dean]That may be our best solution, GZ.  I usually check in a few times a day.  I wonder if we could just start a "chat" topic in the forum and just keep that going as a "quasi-chat"?  When you check in to the forum, the latest post would be displayed.[/quote]

You're onto something there Dean, maybe run that by Strat and i bet it will happen. i think a chat heading would get some followers
for sure.

Cheers,

GuitarZen

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

[quote=Northern20Dean]I found a web site that has a tutorial on transition licks between G-C-D chords.  It uses a few HO's and PO's.  They sound pretty good.  I've started to try them, but I think they are pretty specific to a certain song.  He doesn't give any "theory" or rationale for them, though.  Got any ideas on where to get some info on how to determine what to use between chords to crate a lick?  Or is it just trial and error to see what sounds good.[/quote]

Well, i have ideas and to answer i'd say it's not hit and miss if you apply progressions and scales to the G (I) C (4) D (5) chords. But for me, could you post the site with the tut please? Hey, i'm checking in more often already.

Cheers,

GuitarZen

registered
2009 06 16
366 posts

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/367606388313720587/

I got this website on Pinterest.  I think it was my son-in-law that sent it to me.

The guy is kinda gruff and rough, but the lick he shows sound interesting and useable.  I just like to know the "whys and wherefores" of this stuff.  Must be the information junkie/engineer in me.

KEEPING IT FUN, Dean

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

[quote=Northern20Dean]https://www.pinterest.com/pin/367606388313720587/

I got this website on Pinterest.  I think it was my son-in-law that sent it to me.

The guy is kinda gruff and rough, but the lick he shows sound interesting and useable.  I just like to know the "whys and wherefores" of this stuff.  Must be the information junkie/engineer in me.[/quote]

I'd thought 'engineer'...i'm like that too without being an engineer...i always have to know the nuts and bolts of things.  Thanks Dean, i'll check the site.

Cheers,

GuitarZen

• X
  • Master Volume

• Select Your Guitar

• Right or Left Handed

•  
  • Chord Strum Speed

• Chord Pick Speed

•  
  • Scale Speed

•  
  • Tuner Repeat Rate