Went on a little buying spree

registered
2011 04 18
116 posts

Well, I treated myself to a new Epiphone acoustic guitar. Nice guitar and sounds and plays really well.
Bought a Gibson 335 style copy guitar. Plays well.
Bought a Line 6 Spider 30 watt amp. Now learning how to use it.
And I finally bought a turntable. Ya  hoo!

Tony Smith guitar. I bought the one on the left. http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/ontai/item/1435280/
Line 6 Spider amp. http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/ontai/item/1435280/
Epiphone . http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/ontai/item/1435280/

registered
2011 04 18
116 posts

The epiphone link doesn't work. maybe here: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone/PRO-1-PLUS-Acoustic-Guitar.gc

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

Hello Air, the second link worked...looking at the bridge...not seen that before...interesting
innovation.

Sounds like my kind of shopping spree...all online i presume? Good hearing from you Air.

Cheers,

GuitarZen

...'you bought a guitar to punish your ma'...

registered
2009 06 16
366 posts

Hey, AC........great to se your still checking in here.  Great to see your shopping spree nabbed some GOOD stuff......enjoy!  Stay in touch!!!

KEEPING IT FUN, Dean

registered
2011 04 18
116 posts

[quote=GuitarZen]Hello Air, the second link worked...looking at the bridge...not seen that before...interesting
innovation.

Sounds like my kind of shopping spree...all online i presume? Good hearing from you Air.

Cheers,

GuitarZen[/quote]

Hi GZ
No, I bought the Epiphone at the local music store and the amp and the Tony Smith at a guitar techs store. Got a fairly good price on the amp. The Spider Line 6 is OK, but i wish it had two inputs, only comes with one guitar input.

registered
2011 04 18
116 posts

[quote=Northern20Dean]Hey, AC........great to se your still checking in here.  Great to see your shopping spree nabbed some GOOD stuff......enjoy!  Stay in touch!!![/quote]

Hi Dean

Yeah been busy bum'n around Japan. Bought a s****** and put 1800 kilometers on it. LOL
I'll post some pictures now that I got them all sorted out.

I really like the Ephiphone. I had the guitar tech do a set up on it and bought a Dean Markley ProMag Grand pickup. So nice of a tone.

registered
2009 06 16
366 posts

I think Epiphone gits are a good "value".  That appeals to me.  I have an older PR350E that was my first git.  I still enjoy playing it.  Even though it is a laminate top, it doesn't lack for good sound.  The only thing that got me to a Taylor GC3 is the wider nut.  The older and more arthritic my fingers get, the more I need the increased string spacing; 1 3/4 vs 1 11/16.  I also had an Epi EL-00 that I gave to my grand daughter.  It also was a good value and great player.  I've since replaced the EL-00 Parlour with a Taylor GS Mini.  Even though the Mini has a narrower nut, the shorter scale makes up for it.        Great to hear from you, stay in touch!!

KEEPING IT FUN, Dean

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

Maybe some guitar amp genius knows a way to set up a second input. Looked around and did find a bridge like the one on your new Epiphone...guitars made in Oregon, brand name Breedlove...very similar string through bridge design.

Cheers,

GuitarZen

[quote=air20color][quote=GuitarZen]Hello Air, the second link worked...looking at the bridge...not seen that before...interesting
innovation.

Cheers,

GuitarZen[/quote]
Hi GZ
No, I bought the Epiphone at the local music store and the amp and the Tony Smith at a guitar techs store. Got a fairly good price on the amp. The Spider Line 6 is OK, but i wish it had two inputs, only comes with one guitar input.[/quote]

...'you bought a guitar to punish your ma'...

• X
  • Master Volume

• Select Your Guitar

• Right or Left Handed

•  
  • Chord Strum Speed

• Chord Pick Speed

•  
  • Scale Speed

•  
  • Tuner Repeat Rate