ANNA CONDA by Ray and me

registered
2015 09 20
30 posts

by courtesy of gretschpages.com

Rockabilly DEMO only. Instrumentals by Ray Moretton. Original song composed by and vocal by jeffed.
Demo production by GarageBand. Re-recording not proceded with.
http://gretschpages.com/media/songs/AnnaConda_2.mp3

registered
2015 09 20
30 posts

Good, bad, indifferent?

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

'Scuse the late jeffed, i was out of town...and i for one liked Anna Conda

Cheers,

GuitarZen

...'you bought a guitar to punish your ma'...

registered
2015 09 20
30 posts

I appreciate the feedback, GZ. Me - I have mixed feelings, seeing it's just an uncompleted demo.

Ever have a girlfriend you liked but didn't love and you didn't have the heart to finish the relationship?
That's how I feel about Anna.

registered
2015 09 20
30 posts

I’d like to take this opportunity
to welcome the spirit of community.
To invite critique with impunity,
constructive though I would wish.

To pain there is no immunity
but I’d rather you burst my balloonity
than let me think you’re in unity
that it’s sweet when it stinks like bad fish.

registered
2015 09 20
30 posts

Did ya like me pome, anyone? Not looking for sympathy or attention-seeking. Just trying to encourage forum interaction.

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

I hear ya jeffed...seems a cruel and lonely place here at times...most that post seem to be stateside...and from here on with holidays and what with winter, things get slow...so no worries and yep, liked the poem...especially 'baloonity'.

Cheers,

GuitarZen

...'you bought a guitar to punish your ma'...

registered
2011 04 18
116 posts

Wasn't able to get the link to work. And yes, this place has slowed down a bit. Hope we get a chat room going again.

registered
2015 09 20
30 posts

So there was a time when this place was a hive of activity? (Just joking.)

registered
2011 12 10
146 posts

Whoo! late to the party.
Song is awesome, and right down my alley... One of my favorite bands, for example https://youtu.be/cmVx6tE7ijQ  is Messer Chups from Russia.

The instrumentation is well mixed and well preformed. You kept it simple, played in time and used appropriate loops (if you did use drum loops, you might just have a dead on drummer) so I cant pick apart the performance.

The vocals are not mixed correctly and get muddied by the reverb and mic proximity. The timbre of the voice is low, and you need to cut off a bit more in the low end to remove the muddiness. Try cutting the lows on the reverb as well, and you can add a double tap delay (to the vocals) in the background to open up the track a bit,
Have another go at the last bit of vocals (around 3:12) as you are way off key. Not a true problem, just an observation.

If you leave it as-is, it is just as good and almost as well mixed as any upper mid level rockabilly from the 70's. It would be perfectly in place in any biker bar jukebox, or on the intro to any Quentin Tarantino movie. Biggest thing is to fix the mix on those vocals.

Also, don't necessarily listen to what I say, just use your ears. you will be your own worst critic.

-

• X
  • Master Volume

• Select Your Guitar

• Right or Left Handed

•  
  • Chord Strum Speed

• Chord Pick Speed

•  
  • Scale Speed

•  
  • Tuner Repeat Rate