music Im working on..need help to finish

registered
2014 11 27
13 posts

the rhythm goes like this 1 2 3+ 4 or down down down up down: the progression is |:G-Em-G-Em :|x2 |: C-Am-C-Am :|x2 C-D   the C is strummed and the D held for 4 beats then walk down on the 5th string d c b a g that is 12 3+ 4+ the progression starts again..any and all ideas welcomed

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

Hey 3axes, good chat the other night...well for your song, i got the rhythm ok and i tried the walk down a few ways...overall i like what you have so far but like you, i know something is missing...so for starters i tossed in 5th string b  note on the way to the Am chord. Maybe someone like Dean or Bray will come up with something to add. Prolly another chord by the feel of it.

Does "D held for 4 beats" mean strum once and let ring on the way to the walk down?

Cheers,

GuitarZen

[quote=3axes]the rhythm goes like this 1 2 3+ 4 or down down down up down: the progression is |:G-Em-G-Em :|x2 |: C-Am-C-Am :|x2 C-D   the C is strummed and the D held for 4 beats then walk down on the 5th string d c b a g that is 12 3+ 4+ the progression starts again..any and all ideas welcomed[/quote]

...'you bought a guitar to punish your ma'...

registered
2014 11 27
13 posts

GZ- yes let the D ring for 4 beats than walk down d   c    b a  g e
                                                                               1   2   3+   4+

registered
2014 11 27
13 posts

Guitar zen yeah It was good talk to you ...but my typing is just outright bad...Do you have capabilities of Skype ???

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

I'll have to catch you in the chat, no offense, but i don't do im's, skype, fb, t or anything like that and again, it's just me, so hopefully see you in the chat...could work on your song for sure.

Cheers,

GuitarZen

[quote=3axes]Guitar zen yeah It was good talk to you ...but my typing is just outright bad...Do you have capabilities of Skype ??? [/quote]

registered
2014 11 27
13 posts

GZ- I figured out a name for the song- It's not you it's me...How does this sound to you the song shape is: ( beat is 1 2 3+4 )

A shape: G Em 4X

B shape:  C Am 4X

walk down d c ba ge ( 1 2 3+4+) 1X

REAPEAT: then go to C shape

C shape: G Am C D 1X

REPEAT the whole thing : C shape 2X: fine

Using the down down down up down : rthyem  or 1 2 3+4 beat

Let me know what you think

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

Oh, good name for a song 3axes...

You know something about chords that i may have forgotten...would it be much trouble to show the
fingering for all the chords below?  As an example, could you write them out like X 0 2 2 2 0  ? Thanks,
i have a feeling i'm going to learn something here beacause i'm not sure what you mean about some
of the chords, but hey, it's just me...!

Cheers,

GuitarZen

[quote=3axes]GZ- I figured out a name for the song- It's not you it's me...How does this sound to you the song shape is: ( beat is 1 2 3+4 )

A shape: G Em 4X

B shape:  C Am 4X

walk down d c ba ge ( 1 2 3+4+) 1X

REAPEAT: then go to C shape

C shape: G Am C D 1X

REPEAT the whole thing : C shape 2X: fine

Using the down down down up down : rthyem  or 1 2 3+4 beat

Let me know what you think[/quote]

registered
2014 11 27
13 posts

song  "It's not you...It's me" (by 3axes)

Gz- Start with the walk down D C BA GE (1 2 3+4+)

then a bar  (G)  3 5 5 4 3 3  (Em) 0 2 2 0 0 0   4X : 1 2 3+4 beat ( A shape)

Then bar (C) 3 3 5 5 5 0 0  (Am) X 0 2 2 1 0 4X : 1 2 3+4 beat (B shape)

bar (C) : 1 2 3+4  then  bar (D) X 5 7 7 7 7 5  held 4 beats :then go back to beginning This is done 2X     this line is the  (C shape)

After 2X: bar (G) (Am) bar (C) bar (D): (D shape) : Go to very beginning  (This the new part)

After 2X: (D shape) walk down: the last chord bar (G)

Hope this helps see what you think

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

Ah, grand barre (bar) chords...i wondered. Ok, i'm with you now and will give this a rip. What
tempo are you playing at ?

Wish others would join this song writing...i know Dean loves the bar chords...

Cheers,

GuitarZen

[quote=3axes]song  "It's not you...It's me" (by 3axes)

Gz- Start with the walk down D C BA GE (1 2 3+4+)

then a bar  (G)  3 5 5 4 3 3  (Em) 0 2 2 0 0 0   4X : 1 2 3+4 beat ( A shape)

Then bar (C) 3 3 5 5 5 0 0  (Am) X 0 2 2 1 0 4X : 1 2 3+4 beat (B shape)

bar (C) : 1 2 3+4  then  bar (D) X 5 7 7 7 7 5  held 4 beats :then go back to beginning This is done 2X     this line is the  (C shape)

After 2X: bar (G) (Am) bar (C) bar (D): (D shape) : Go to very beginning  (This the new part)

After 2X: (D shape) walk down: the last chord bar (G)

Hope this helps see what you think[/quote]

registered
2014 11 27
13 posts

GZ -I"m hitting 130 bpm....can you type the way you're playing the song....I want to see if you play the way I came across...thks

• X
  • Master Volume

• Select Your Guitar

• Right or Left Handed

•  
  • Chord Strum Speed

• Chord Pick Speed

•  
  • Scale Speed

•  
  • Tuner Repeat Rate