Demons

registered
2010 08 07
334 posts

I'm currently in the progress of composing and writing a song that could relate to a person (like me) dealing with a friend whose has O.D. I know i've made a instrumental dedicated to this friend but i planned on doing a band thing before i made the instrumental. This is what i have for the chorus.

Em
No, can't find my way back home
C
all these demons never go
G
I may never find my way back home
D
If these demons never go

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

Tough to write about i'm sure...i do know though, that writing it all down can sometimes help. Looking forward
to progress with this song Bray. Have you decided on a tempo? The chorus looks to me like the future is bright
btw.

Cheers,

GuitarZen

[quote=Bray2003]I'm currently in the progress of composing and writing a song that could relate to a person (like me) dealing with a friend whose has O.D. I know i've made a instrumental dedicated to this friend but i planned on doing a band thing before i made the instrumental. This is what i have for the chorus.

Em
No, can't find my way back home
C
all these demons never go
G
I may never find my way back home
D
If these demons never go[/quote]

...'you bought a guitar to punish your ma'...

registered
2010 08 07
334 posts

The tempo i have down for this song is 89 BPM. I believe last night VIA chat room i told CCG that It is mainly a piano song based off a video instrumental i found on youtube. I talked with the composer and h gave me the sheet music to it. (although there was only one part i wanted to use.) Before enter the chat last night i had already finished the song for the most part i just need to add a piano outro. The only part that has guitar is the part you see above and a solo towards the end.

registered
2012 03 03
177 posts

Good talking to you on chat last night Bray.  Let me express my condolences to you on the loss of your friend.  How important it is to confide in someone else or seek medical help when those "demons" threaten a person's existence.  Writing, whether it be through song lyrics, poetry or just one's thoughts on a scrap of paper, is a constructive outlet and a way of expressing grief (and joy at other times).  Remember the power of words. Perhaps you can influence another person to defeat their own demons, so that the loss of your friend will not be in vain.  I'll be interested in hearing the rest and also the accompaniment.

registered
2010 08 07
334 posts

http://www.fandalism.com/braytincro/bP0b

Here is the instrumental in midi form without guitars. I am however, planning on recording one with guitar please note the first part with the piano and hi-hat is the chorus hook so you may want to remember how it goes to know where my guitar parts go. Also this is the song where i asked about a piano track in my post before in this very section of the board.

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

Sounds like a good start Bray, keep us posted on progress.

Cheers,

GuitarZen

registered
2012 03 03
177 posts

A very memorable piano part!  Looking forward to hearing more as this develops. Thanks for sharing with us, Bray.

registered
2010 08 07
334 posts

https://soundcloud.com/braytin-campbell/demons-instrumental

I was able to record the guitar parts today and as promised I uploaded it today. Here is the instrumental (without lyrics)

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

Hey Bray...ok, your instrumental is getting interesting fast. Are there more instruments left to add? Let us
know in chat soon and we'll try to hash out the 'key' thing regarding the solo that the member posted.
Good job.

Cheers,

GuitarZen

[quote=Bray2003]https://soundcloud.com/braytin-campbell/demons-instrumental

I was able to record the guitar parts today and as promised I uploaded it today. Here is the instrumental (without lyrics)[/quote]

registered
2012 03 03
177 posts

Ditto what GZ said.  I'm even impressed that you were able to record the parts and upload them!!!

• X
  • Master Volume

• Select Your Guitar

• Right or Left Handed

•  
  • Chord Strum Speed

• Chord Pick Speed

•  
  • Scale Speed

•  
  • Tuner Repeat Rate