Songwriting

Chordbook Admin
registered
2006 04 10
348 posts

Thought we'd kick off a new forum and see what happens. Lots of people interested in songwriting...
cheers,
Strat

aka Bob, Chordbook Admin

registered
2006 11 03
1,152 posts

...I'm interested in what "new" chord progression(s) people come up with and use in their songs.

...maybe they'll be another Lennon & McCartney in the making?

...and the DEVIL said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"

registered
2009 07 16
84 posts

What inspires you to take time to write.let's open a dialog as to why we write. i love to watch old Movies. some times lines are spoken that inspires a  the Muse. Sometimes someone says something to get me started.other times ,I write about an event.

don't b flat, don't b sharp= just B natural!!!!

registered
2007 12 12
991 posts

I lay in bed and often think of the days occurances along with some stupid things I see on the TV, and sometimes come up with stories that could be put to song easily..Big problem is I dont often do it.. Maybe I should start writing this stuff down again???

Jim

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

Well i remember when a few of us jokingly (not all of us) wrote a song...and it was a sort of collaberation in a way...bouncing lyrics off each other, revising them and one of us actually wrote them down. All that was left was choose the chords. The process was interesting and fun too, so something like that isn't too far fetched. Could group up in 'song writing' teams, pick a theme and see what happens....then the best player/singer could do the song on tube....who knows, somebody could get picked up by a bigtime recording company. Oh sure !

Cheers,

GuitarZen

...'you bought a guitar to punish your ma'...

registered
2007 09 30
362 posts

[quote=GuitarZen]Well i remember when a few of us jokingly (not all of us) wrote a song...and it was a sort of collaberation in a way...bouncing lyrics off each other, revising them and one of us actually wrote them down. All that was left was choose the chords. The process was interesting and fun too, so something like that isn't too far fetched. Could group up in 'song writing' teams, pick a theme and see what happens....then the best player/singer could do the song on tube....who knows, somebody could get picked up by a bigtime recording company. Oh sure !

Cheers,

GuitarZen[/quote]

I think that happened more then once.
i think i was the one always writing stuff down.
dang it was confusing, people kept on changing lyrics.
but it really mattered on if everyone liked what.
So im waiting on who will start the first song.
and see what we end up with.
Cant Wait!
TMR3

Music Is The Only Language Where You Cannot Say Or Mean A Sarcastic Thing

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

That's what i remember too...but it was fun...and you did a good job of writing it all down
and sending it to Jag and I. Did you like my idea about forming groups or would 'free form'
be better....more of a total chordbook group effort...dunno...

Cheers,

GuitarZen

[quote]
I think that happened more then once.
i think i was the one always writing stuff down.
dang it was confusing, people kept on changing lyrics.
but it really mattered on if everyone liked what.
So im waiting on who will start the first song.
and see what we end up with.
Cant Wait!
TMR3
[/quote]

registered
2007 12 12
991 posts

Hey G,

If you still have those lyrics, email'em to me.  I lost them in my last computor crash..

J

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

registered
2008 11 20
252 posts

oooooh that sounds fun!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/sweeper122

registered
2006 11 19
2,622 posts

I don't have them Jag...bet T does though...if not, a new song is in order anyway....thinkin' total chordbook
participation maybe....what say you?

Cheers,

GuitarZen

[quote=69 jaguar]Hey G,

If you still have those lyrics, email'em to me.  I lost them in my last computor crash..

J[/quote]

• X
  • Master Volume

• Select Your Guitar

• Right or Left Handed

•  
  • Chord Strum Speed

• Chord Pick Speed

•  
  • Scale Speed

•  
  • Tuner Repeat Rate