CGCFGc

registered
2010 08 07
323 posts

I've heard of Dropped tuning but this is really hitting my interest. I don't know the name of the tuning even after asking google. does anyone here know about this tuning or the name at least.

D Drop C - CGCFAd
??? - CGCFGc

PS: i've seen the same thing with a whole step higher.

E Drop D - DADGBe

Dual Dropped D - DADGBD

registered
2006 11 19
2,607 posts

I only found two things about CGCFGC...one to do with DADGAD...do a full note drop on the DADGAD tuning and see what you get...there might be something wrong with that because the person posting that went on to say 'full step' after they said 'full note'...there might be some conflict there. I plugged the tuning into the chord finder and you can name the tuning Fsus2 or Csus4 and prolly more.

I also noted that someone on another board was trying to tune to CGCFGC on an acoustic guitar and they were asking what strings to use. I'm thinking that with an acoustic the strings would...'wind up' (pun?) too loose and would cause problems so they might have to change to heavier gauge strings, but prolly wouldn't want to tune to standard with heavier strings. Did you give it a try? I've tried a drop tuning or two on a strat but i noticed the drop tunings work better with 10's.  I imagine someone will jump in that has more on this tuning Bray.

Cheers,

GuitarZen

...'you bought a guitar to punish your ma'...

registered
2010 08 07
323 posts

[quote=GuitarZen]I only found two things about CGCFGC...one to do with DADGAD...do a full note drop on the DADGAD tuning and see what you get...there might be something wrong with that because the person posting that went on to say 'full step' after they said 'full note'...there might be some conflict there. I plugged the tuning into the chord finder and you can name the tuning Fsus2 or Csus4 and prolly more.

I also noted that someone on another board was trying to tune to CGCFGC on an acoustic guitar and they were asking what strings to use. I'm thinking that with an acoustic the strings would...'wind up' (pun?) too loose and would cause problems so they might have to change to heavier gauge strings, but prolly wouldn't want to tune to standard with heavier strings. Did you give it a try? I've tried a drop tuning or two on a strat but i noticed the drop tunings work better with 10's.  I imagine someone will jump in that has more on this tuning Bray.

Cheers,

GuitarZen[/quote]

well i'm planning a new video cover and the song that came to mind is in this tuning.. which is weird cause i thought the song was a dropped tuning and pluss i've never seen this tuning before

registered
2006 11 19
2,607 posts

I'm pretty sure CGCFGC is a drop tuning...unless that's not what you mean below. Like i mentioned, it's DADGAD dropped a step. I'm starting to wonder if it's a baritone guitar tuning.

Cheers,

GuitarZen

Bray said: well i'm planning a new video cover and the song that came to mind is in this tuning.. which is weird cause i thought the song was a dropped tuning and pluss i've never seen this tuning before

...'you bought a guitar to punish your ma'...

registered
2010 08 07
323 posts

Well, i asked a friend about this tuning and according to him it some kind of Dropped C Custom tuning.

• X
  • Master Volume

• Select Your Guitar

• Right or Left Handed

•  
  • Chord Strum Speed

• Chord Pick Speed

•  
  • Scale Speed

•  
  • Tuner Repeat Rate