Hi all from a newbie

registered
2017 06 04
1 posts

Same story here love guitar music but gave up too soon as too hard.
It's sites like this and the internet that provide with instant information
so much crap though to wade through but finding a site like this is the
gem to inspire and assist.
Stumbled on a Gretsch Streamliner when rosewood ban prevented
getting my first choice at the time. Superb bit of kit from look, feel
and the Bigsby puts a shiver down my spine. Moved onto rockabilly
because of it though always loved the stray cats. Brian Setzer is my
new god and inspiration.
Here's to the guitar players arthritis chapter may we play long and hard
with no thought to hanging up our pick again!!!!

registered
2012 03 03
176 posts

Hi Andy 67!  Welcome to CB.  I haven't been on this site much lately, but it's always good to see a post from someone else who has returned to a "lost love" of guitar, despite arthritis, etc. etc.  Hang in there and ENJOY all that you learn and the friends you make through music!  There is  wealth of advice, music theory, and just fun conversation on this board - it's the only one I've ever bothered to spend any time on!

registered
2006 11 03
1,150 posts

Andy67, you sound like you're in the UK somewhere.

...and the DEVIL said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"

registered
2017 04 11
1 posts

I became a member here a couple of days ago.  I too, like many of you am a late bloomer.  I started a little over a year ago and at that time I was 70.  I am teaching myself with the assistance of the mighty internet.  I do o.k. with it  and there are a few songs I can actually make it through.  I just wanted to tell you all and the others that join here is something I learned right away when I started playing (learning) and it was so very enlightening.  It is;  Don't be AFRAID of your instrument, it won't hurt you.  When I got my guitar I was so passive with it (I think that's the word) I didn't want to  play the strings to roughly and I would practically whisper around it.  Thinking about it makes me laugh.   When I realized how silly I was  things went a lot smoother when I turned myself around I still talk to it but no more whispering. lol     Verna

• X
  • Master Volume

• Select Your Guitar

• Right or Left Handed

•  
  • Chord Strum Speed

• Chord Pick Speed

•  
  • Scale Speed

•  
  • Tuner Repeat Rate